20 December 2008

The Year 2008

I am tired with the whole process of leaping from one person to another for love and support is just too exhausting. Why can’t there be just one person who will be permanently there that we can depend on? Love is not an obligation, it is a gift. We should be happy and not in under pressure in supportive relationships. A stressed relationship is certainly an unhealthy state. Everyone needs someone in their life. To love and depend on other people, and have them love and depend on us, can be the most fulfilling part of life. Be it our parents, siblings, or spouse, our connections with other people can be a source of comfort, support and security.

Sometimes I feel that I am selfish, but when we become so attached to someone, it becomes difficult to detach ourselves from that bond. I am afraid of being alone again. Having nothing to do when I’m with somebody can still be fun. But not having someone around to spend my free time with is unbearable. Being alone is just lonely.

Roads do part. Farewells take place. As hard as it gets, I need to acknowledge that the time has probably come for me to let go.It’s not easy being alone… again. But it’s time to cut the apron strings.I better start sharpening the scissors. Coz even if I wanted to hang on to it, the other person might not be holding the other end of the string.

Life is meant to be enjoyed. Isn’t that how it’s supposed to be? Then why am I putting up with the kind of life than I’m having right now?

2 comments:

nanarizqman said...

ni ko frust dgn sapa lak

eLLe said...

i pun takut dgn lonesome and boredom skang..

aihhhh